What type of valve do I need for BR towel rail when used on a wet system?

Modified on Tue, 31 Jan 2023 at 12:01 PM

Applicable to models:  BR150W BR150C BR350C BR400W


Issue:  What type of lock shield valves would be used to connect a BR towel rail to a wet system?


Action: The BR towel rails can be connected to a wet system if required. Whilst we do not recommend a specific type of lock shield valve, the connection type onto the towel rail is 1/2" BSP. Please also note the following from the Manufacturers Instructions:

When the central heating system is in use, the towel rail will operate as a normal radiator. Out of season or when the central heating boiler is not in use, the towel rail may be operated independently by switching on the electric heating element.

IMPORTANT - When using the towel rail in this way, expansion of the water must be guaranteed through the return connection. It is COMPULSORY that the return connection is left open to ensure this.


The instructions also highlight the important safeguards when disposing of the factory filled glycol from the product, when using on a wet system.

Require additional help? Please follow link below


Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article