I want to install an Edel but I only have a soil stack to send condensate and the D1 + D2 vent pipes out to. Can I do this?

Modified on Tue, 08 Aug 2023 at 10:51 AM

Applicable to models:  EDL170-520RF, EDL200UK-630RF, EDL270UK-630RF, EDL200UK-630, EDL270UK-630


If you only have a soil stack to connect the condensate drain into, then you can use a Hep-vo valve:


If you also want to connect the D2 pipe to the soil stack, you would also need a Hep-Vo valve for this, but in addition, you would also need to ensure the soil stack is suitably rated for the temperature of hot water that may vent to it in an emergency. See the technical bulletin from Wavin on this matter and if in doubt, consult local building control.


Require additional help? Please follow link below


Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article